You have the camera, now what? Does your camera confuse you? Are your photos too dark, too bright, or blurry?
This 2 hour class is geared toward parents who want to understand how to use their DSLR camera and improve the photographs they take of their children. Tips will focus on how to capture the every days lives of your kids while using your camera in manual mode. This class is hands on and you’ll learn how to change the setting on your camera plus learn about the different types of light, and composition.
WHEN: Sunday, February 11, 2018 1:30pm-3:30pm, weather permitting we will go on a 30 minute photo walk
WHERE: 173 Belmont St, Belmont, MA (The Loved Child)
* A online workbook so you can continue practicing the foundation learned in this class
* Photography exercises to help you continue to improve.
* A private Facebook group to stay connected. I’ll follow up with you one week later to answer any lingering questions from the class.
*Weather permitting we will go outside for an optional photo walk
* a DSLR camera.
* Please read your manual before class and bring it with you.
* Bring a pen and something to take note on.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The class is $150. To signup for the class, go to HTTP://BAFPHOTOGRAPHY.BIGCARTEL.COM/. Your payment is non-refundable if you cannot make it but you can sell your seat to another participant.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
* Learn how to get your camera off “auto mode” and into “manual mode.”
* Learn how to utilize natural light.
* Tips on capturing everyday photographs of your children.
* Understanding basic composition.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
* To signup for the class, go to HTTP://BAFPHOTOGRAPHY.BIGCARTEL.COM/. Your payment is non-refundable if you cannot make it but you can sell your seat to another participant. You will receive a questionnaire via email after signing up.
fine print: This workshop is focused towards parents who want to learn their DSLR cameras better. This is not a class on how to edit your photos, advanced photography techniques or how to start your own photography business.
ABOUT BETH ANN
Beth Ann has been photographing families for over 5 years. Her work has been published in Click and Lemonade and Lenses magazines, exhibited at the Belmont Art and A Smith galleries and was a finalist in the Voice 2016 competition. She loves teaching other parents how to use their cameras and frequently writes photography tutorials for Boston Mamas, Clickin’ Moms, and Click blogs. For the past few years she has worked on a photo-a-day project of her life and children, which can be viewed below.